Mike Corry FCMA CGMA
A business-experienced finance professional and qualified Chartered Management Accountant, with over 40 years experience in the Construction/Engineering sectors, the majority at board level.
Providing a cost effective solution for project/interim assignments, with the ability to deal with a variety of business issues and provide a strategic perspective for clients.
- Preparing Clients for Audit
- Financial Forensic Investigations
- Cost Verification
- Airport Authority
- Steelwork Fabricators and Erectors
- Roofing, Cladding and Glazing Contractors
- General Builders
- Property Developer
- Steelwork Fabricators
- Sheet Metal Fabricators
- Online Market Research
- Website Development
- Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar PV and Thermal, Wind
- Topographical, Engineering, Inspection, Photographic
- Underground/Overground Train Services
- Enterprise Development
- Social Enterprise Funding
- Strong negotiating skills at all stakeholder levels.
- Frequent negotiation with professional advisors such as accountants, banks, insurers and lawyers.
- Focus on building strong relationships with customers, suppliers and government bodies.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, strengthened through my work as a freelance football journalist and local BBC radio commentator.
- Ability to listen, to maximise the communication process particularly with employees.
- Ability to assist others in identifying their own needs, while at the same time balancing corporate objectives.
- Effective networking skills to promote the company on a regional and national basis.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Design and development of integrated forecasting tools utilising Excel.
- Developing reporting tools through the use of ODBC links through Access and design of reports in Crystal, Excel and Access.
- Fully au fait with a range of Accounting software including the construction specific packages, Intellect, MICAbuild and AXIM, as well as Sage.
- Strong financial analytical skills.
- Data Analysis
- Assist with and supply the framework to implement new strategies
- Awareness of the needs and agendas of others to create a win/win situation in all development